- 5 cups shredded zucchini (about 5 medium)
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, nutmeg and turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with your favorite snack chips or grilled meats. Yield: 7 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Salsa
Sort By :
This is great on gilled hot dogs. Has a great flavor but more like a relish than a salsa (okay with me!). Can't wait to try it on some sausages. Awesome way to use up extra zucchini from the garden. It does make a lot so I froze it and now will have for many things in the future. Will definitely keep this near the top of my "go to" list.