I work full-time, but I love to cook—so I need to rely on meals that are wholesome and fast. This dish deliciously combines both treats! Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't dirty a pile of pots and pans.—Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 pound pork cutlets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato juice and seasonings; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pork Dinner in Country Woman January/February 1997, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zucchini Pork Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review