I work full-time, but I love to cook—so I need to rely on meals that are wholesome and fast. This dish deliciously combines both treats! Plus, I like the fact that it doesn't dirty a pile of pots and pans. —Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
- 3/4 pound pork cutlets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomato juice and seasonings; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pork Dinner in Country Woman January/February 1997, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Zucchini Pork Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2012
"This was great and quick i followed the recipe exactly i would make this again for sure. Bonus my husband and daughter loved it as well."