- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 of 1-ounce package ranch-style dip mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded zucchini
- Fill a deep-fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2-in. depth. Heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until deep golden brown, turning once. Drain thoroughly on paper towels. Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Fritters
Sort By :
"Excellent!!! These were so good--will definitely make again and share the recipe with all the gardeners I know!!!"
"They puffed just as promised! Instead of the ranch dry, I added 1/4c of shredded parm, 1t of oregano and 1/2t salt. I also used more of a rounded tablespoon as opposed to teaspoon and served with ranch dressing as a dip. Very good."
"Excellent. Tasted like a restaurant appetizer. Made homemade ranch to dip them in."
"We grow our own vegetables, which means we get an abundance of zucchini. This recipe is really outstanding and so easy and quick to make. My Fiancé and I love them! I give this recipe a 5 star for sure!"
"I made these tonight with zucchini and yellow squash. I did not use the Ranch packet but did add grated onion, garlic salt and pepper. I also cooked them using a cast iron skillet with a shallow amount of oil. Instead of balls they came out more like zucchini cakes or patties, as intended. I made a creamy dill sauce that was drizzled over the fritters. They were perfect for Meatless Monday! I still have more batter left over and plan to make some more fritters in the morning with sunny side eggs."