Peppered Corn Fritters
The addition of cumin complements the corn and peppers in these fritters that will be eaten up as quick as you can make them! —Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.