Marina’s Golden Corn Fritters
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, parsley and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and onion until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, several at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts2 fritters : 162 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 18, 2019
So good. I serve them with a side of honey butter.
Jan 1, 2016
In a local Mexican market, I bought freshly-picked corn and had the kernels cut off the cobs. I used some for this corn fritter recipe, but substituted a small minced jalape?o chile for the parsley. We served it with a roasted tomato and jalape?o salsa and everyone loved them. They're calling my fritters 'tortitas de elote.'
Jun 18, 2014
I had never made fritters before but understand they are a well known Southern snack. I made these fritters and served with soup. My family thought they were really good and I will make them again.
May 20, 2014
These corn fritter are delicious as a side dish. Try adding finely chopped jalapenos.