"Everyone in our family always asks me to make this quick-and-easy microwave recipe," relates Lisa Bales of Peru, Indiana. "I use it as a side when I need to take-along dish or as a light one-dish supper at home."
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Heat 1-2 minutes longer or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender, stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Beef Casserole in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p18
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review