- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with the onions, olives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce around enchiladas if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
I have made this a couple times and it's very good. I usually shred my chicken and then add some chopped onions and a can of green chilies to the chicken. I also use the green enchilada sauce, but that's just personal preference.
Thumbs up from my husband. I did add about half of an envelope of burrito seasoning to the refried beans and 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion to the chicken mixture.. That really gave a nice flavor boost.
My family loved this! I made it with fat free cheddar cheese and reduced fat sour cream so it was healthy as well as delicious. Thank you.
This was REALLY good and creamy. I love chicken so using it to make these was better and I think healthier than beef.
This recipe was super yummy!! I added a few spices to the chicken (as it seems like many others did too) but otherwise followed this recipe exactly. My husband loved it! We will definitely make this again.