It’s so easy to build a zesty sandwich when you pile on the shredded beef, pickles and smoked provolone. Can’t find smoked provolone? I use regular, too. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- 6 thin slices red onion
- 18 sweet pickle slices
- 6 slices smoked provolone cheese
- Place roast in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix soup, vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and chili sauce; spread on roll bottoms. Layer with onion, pickles, shredded beef and cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Italian Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p72
Reviews for Zesty Italian Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review