- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in reserved oil for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add frozen green beans and stir to coat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or just until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is almost evaporated. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Garlic Green Beans
Sort By :
I agree with firstname.lastname@example.org they are better than the usual green bean casserole and lower in calories. I too used frozen beans.
I made these for Thanksgiving and everyone tho't they were excellent. I used the frozen whole beans because that's what I had on hand.
WAY better than green bean casserole in my opinion! Thanks for this recipe..
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >