The wild rice adds a wonderful flavor to this casserole. I like to serve it on special occasions.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place wild rice in a large bowl and cover with boiling water; soak for 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, wild rice, long grain rice, almonds, broth, cream, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 75 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Wild Rice Bake in Country December/January 2003, p49
Reviews for Wild Rice Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review