Wiener Schnitzel Recipe
- 4 veal cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 lemon slices
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat veal with flour, then dip in eggs and coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook veal in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with lemon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Wiener Schnitzel(3)
Sort By :
To add extra, subtle layers of flavor, I added celery salt to the beaten eggs, and toasted onion & garlic powder to the bread crumbs.
This dish is actualy not German but Austrian. The veal can be substituted by pork, chicken or turkey
This looks very similar to what a true German friend makes for us. My mouth is watering, I can't wait to make it myself.