Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1-1/2 cups prepared brown gravy
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Trim tenderloin, removing any visible fat. Cut in half lengthwise. Pound each half to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip into egg; coat with flour and shake off excess. In a skillet over medium heat, fry tenderloin in butter until no pink remains. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet; cook until tender. Add wine if desired. Stir in the gravy and sour cream; mix well and heat through, but do not boil. Serve with the tenderloin.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 503 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 1356mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 1, 2018
I am allergic to eggs so I used Soy Milk to dip the pork loin into, and I dipped the pork in the flour than back in milk and then in flour again, to make them very crunchy. Since I can't have sour cream, I added Soy Milk to the sauce. It was all delicious.
Jul 12, 2013
Super good. I breaded my pork chops with prepared flour/bread mix. Everything else I followed. We bought some regular white wine. This was so good. All the kids ate it and I was afraid they we not because of the mushrooms. Nope they enjoyed it and asked for seconds. Really good recipe and super easy!
May 30, 2010
My husband lived in Germany for several years. He has a difficult time finding good German Restaurants where we live. I made this for him and my children and he couldn't stop raving about it. My children also loved it. It is quick and easy for this working mom.
Dec 25, 2009
My family loves this recipe. I make it every year for christmas dinner. Great with spaetzle.