- 1/4 cup whiskey or apple cider
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWhiskey Sirloin Steak
"I used apple cider vinegar instead of the whiskey. I also used venison steak. The meat comes out tender. My husband enjoyed the dish."
"Loved this!!! I used vension steak and blackberry flavored whiskey and it was great. For all you hunters this is a keeper!"
"Was a little sweet for my taste. Very tender, simple to make and quick! Definitely a make again!"
"Excellent flavor! I marinated overnight and used apple cider vinegar instead of whiskey. Although the flavor was great, my steak was a little tough. Next time I will either try a different cut of meat or grilling on low instead of broiling. The marinade is definitely a keeper though."
"This recipe was very good! I made with the apple cider instead of actual whiskey. I marinated my meat for about 10 hours and it was fantastic. I will be making this again!"
"Wow! Fantastic, even my picky kids liked it!"
"I used whiskey.....we all loved it! Next time I'll try flat iron steak....no steak sauce needed with this one!"