"Coleslaw is one of my husband's favorite side dishes," says Shirley Glaab from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "We love this version because it's not as sweet as other slaws, but it's very colorful and the ingredients always make our mouths water."
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, red pepper, parsley and onion. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vinaigrette Coleslaw in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p49
Reviews for Vinaigrette Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review