Vietnamese Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Casual, flavorful and low in carbohydrates, the Vietnamese Pork Lettuce Wraps are a perfect and low-fuss way to feed a group. Place the ingredients separate dishes and let your guests assemble their own wrap, which allows them to personalized to suit their tastes. —Gretchen Barnes, Fairfax, Virginia
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, optional
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup each coarsely chopped fresh basil, cilantro and mint
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hoisin sauce
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in carrots and onion; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook pork, ginger and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking up pork into crumbles; drain. Stir in soy sauce, mirin, salt, pepper and, if desired, fish sauce.
- To serve, drain carrot mixture. Place pork mixture in lettuce leaves; top with cucumber, red pepper, green onions, carrot mixture and herbs. Sprinkle with jalapeno and peanuts; drizzle with hoisin sauce. Squeeze lime juice over tops. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vietnamese Pork Lettuce Wraps in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p424
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vietnamese Pork Lettuce Wraps(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Nut Recipes >