- 3 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups frozen peas (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, cheese, vinegar and salt until blended. Add to salad and toss to coat. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Veggie Chopped Salad
"It is a very good salad, but much too high in fat, sugar and cholesterol for my healthy family. I made it with a lesser amount of low fat mayo, Stevia rather than sugar and toasted sliced almonds. Much lighter and healthier, and still very tasty!"
"Followed the recipe, took it to a church potluck and it was enjoyed by all. I'll definitely be making this again."
"Very good!! I thought the addition of peanuts would be awful but I was wrong. Wen I make it again, I think I will add some shredded cheddar for color to brighten it up a bit."
"You can't go wrong with broccoli salad. Or Chopped salad. Together as one, perfect!! (I did miss the shredded cheddar that I usually put in my broccoli salad though.)"
"Salad was delicious! Kept the bacon out separate in a bowl. Added red peppers and red onion. You really can add your favorite veggies. The dressing is so good with this salad! So versatile !! Won't disappoint ! Didn't have the peanuts but nobody missed them."
"I have been making a recipe close to this for many years adding red bell pepper, shredded carrots, craisins, shredded cheese and salted sunflower seeds. Delicious!"
"Great recipe! I didn't change or make any additions. Please post more."
"Delicious! I add some red, green or orange peppers. It adds some color to the salad. Make sure the veggies are fresh."
"I didn't have any peanuts and so omitted them, but the salad was still delicious."
"Delicious! I used Morning Star Veggie Bacon Strips instead of bacon strips. I served it with shrimp spring rolls and sweet chili sauce. Thank you, Madeline, for sharing this recipe."