Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground allspice, ground cloves and ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into eight 2-1/2-in. patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties(4)
Sort By :
Made this recipe like 5 times so far. If you are thinking about trying this recipe - do it! You won't be disappointed. I did it different several times. Most of it was with lean ground turkey and the seasonings listed below, but also with lean ground beef and the seasonings listed below. It was excellent in patty form as well as just broken up in the pan - crumbled for breakfast burritos. Thanks! I like this recipe so much I am going create a premix of the seasonings so i don't have to measure it all out every time which will eliminate at least 5-10 minutes of prep. Don't skip any of the seasonings. I was curious about adding nutmeg.... but trust me they all work together. You will like it ALOT. Since the flavors need time to blend and the recipe says to throw it back in the fridge. I usually just prep the meat & seasonings the night before so its all ready in the am.
I have made several times at breakfast for company and guests who come to our cabin. Everyone loves it. I do add a little grated apple to keep it moist.
Excellent combination of herbs, but next time I'll add more seasoning.
This turned out perfectly! I patted the mixture in a 9x9 pan and cooked it in the convection oven at 350 for 20 minutes. One could also cook it in a skillet and use it on pizza or in spaghetti sauce, or even make tiny meatballs for sauce. The fennel "makes the dish" but be sure to include all of the spices. Thanks, Marla!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >