- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery, onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and broth until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey, peas and salt; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey a la King with Rice
"This was good, but it could use a little more seasoning. I added 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper and we sprinkled a little curry powder on top. I also used frozen peas and carrots. My husband liked it - it's a great way to use up leftover turkey!"
"Need to add spices to give it more flavor."
"This was really good and super easy to make. Really liked that there was no fattening cream or cream of mushroom soup and lots of vegetables. My family liked this and it is a great way to use leftover Turkey. Will be saving this recipe."
"Was a great recipe for left over turkey! Real simple but was a little bland, if make again will add some pepper or something."
"Super yummy! Was so happy to come across this because I really am tired of leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving! I've always been a fan of chicken a la king but had never actually made it. I did add a little extra butter to the pan after I sauteed my vegetables and then added the flour. Allowed the flour to cook for a few minutes and then added the broth and milk. I was afraid there could be a raw flour taste by just mixing it with the broth. I always didn't have to dirty a bowl ;)"
"Make this all the time it is wonderful!!!! My daughter request it often. Actually we are having it tonight! = )"
"This was very good. I made as described. no revisions necessary!"
"Added 1/8 t dried tarragon leaves but could add 1/4 t. Also added ground pepper to taste."
"I haven't made this but I am going to. I have leftover turkey to use. I might use frozen peas & carrots instead of just peas. That would make it more colorful!"