Triple-Onion Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, finely slices
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute red and yellow onions until tender; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving an 1/8-in. shell. In a bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream and milk until creamy. Stir in sauteed onions, American cheese and 1 cup of bacon. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions and remaining bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Triple-Onion Baked Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
To say my family loves these potatoes would be an understatement! I could make these every day and they wouldn't tire of them. Thank you for a great recipe.
Everytime I make this I have to use an entire 5-lb. bag of potatoes. My two teenage boys would eat these everyday! I like the red potatoes a lot better than the white potatoes. Makes a much smoother filling.
This is an incredible recipe. I love to make it ahead of time...and then throw it in the oven 30 min. before guests arrive =)