- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini with Tomato-Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly except I cooked the onions in butter rather than oil and I added two fully cooked and cubed chicken breasts! WONDERFUL!!!"
"Since I didn't have any whipping cream when I decided to make this , I used 1 cup low fat cottage cheese mixed with 1 cup of skim milk . Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. Delicious. I'm looking forward to using the sauce with other pasta."