- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini with Tomato-Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"Oh My Goodness!! This was so delicious!! Even after being reheated. I will definitely make this again. Made it exactly as recipe called for. YUMMY!"
"Great! Will definitely make again."
"Fantastic! To make this a little more kid friendly I blended the onion, garlic, and tomatoes after sautéing them. The sauce still turned out well. The kids and we parents really enjoyed this yummy pasta dish."
"LOVED this! Tasted like something you'd get from Olive Garden. I did not use onion or fresh garlic. Instead I used garlic powder and I think this shortened the cooking time. Will definitely make again!"
"My entire family loved this...which is sometimes hard to say."