This decadent combination of pantry items is a terrific way to dress up a brownie mix. Try this trifle with other flavors of pudding or substitute your favorite candy bar. It tastes great with low-fat and sugar-free products, too. —Wendy Bennett, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Brownie Trifle in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Toffee Brownie Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review