Three-Cheese Souffles Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; cook 1 minute or until bubbly. Gradually whisk in milk, mustard, salt and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese mixture. Return all to saucepan, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Cool completely, about 30-40 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture.
- Pour into eight ungreased 8-oz. ramekins. Place ramekins in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Immediately remove ramekins from water bath to wire racks; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Souffles(3)
Sort By :
Simple, beautiful and elegant, beautiful recipie!
Great, easy recipe! Don't be afraid of souffles!
This one is no fail. I make this one at least twice a month for Sunday night supper. I vary the cheese to what I have on hand.
I took a dare to make this recipe because souffles are notorious for being failures. No failure here! They were wonderful. I will be making these again, for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >