My children, who are vegetarian, rave about this souffle. Plus, I can make it for breakfast, brunch or as a side dish.—Rosemary McCormack, Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, combine soup and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir into soup mixture. In another bowl, beat six egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into soup mixture.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. straight-sided baking dish coated with cooking spray and dusted with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until the souffle is risen and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 202 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Simple Souffle in Country Woman November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.