Easy Chocolate Souffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 6 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat six 6-oz. souffle dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar into each dish, tilting to cover the bottom and sides; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk corn syrup, cocoa, egg yolks and vanilla until blended; set aside. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold a fourth of the egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared dishes. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 250 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 19, 2013
Since I am having kabobs and cheesy rice for supper, I decided to put a little cinnamon in the batter to give it a mexican chocolate feel. Exicted to make ut!
Jan 29, 2011
It is very good and easy. Very silky centers!