- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
"The kids and I LOVE this! I don't buy italian bread, instead I use the cheap white bread and it is still soooo good! I also sometimes use shredded italian cheese blend instead of plain mozzarella."
"I can't wait to try this recipe but I have a question. Do I use miracle whip or real Mayo?"
"A good deliciously different grilled cheese. I think it would also be good to make it hardier by adding ham!"
"These were so delicious! I made them on a whim so I only had regular white bread and they were still wonderful!"
"The whole family loves it. I just use a little less mayo."