The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
Sort By :
"These were so delicious! I made them on a whim so I only had regular white bread and they were still wonderful!"
"The whole family loves it. I just use a little less mayo."
"This was too rich for my taste. The mayo overwhelmed the flavor and I guess that's not what I want to taste in a grilled cheese. Maybe reducing or using sour cream would be better. For as much filling as this made, I could have easily doubled the amount of bread. The sandwiches were so overstuffed, maybe it was the size of my loaf, but that could be another reason they seemed too rich for me. But I love the idea of cream cheese and multiple cheeses for a grilled cheese."
"Sooo good! My whole family has loved it for years."
"ukfan, just a heads up....an 8 oz. package of shredded cheese is considered 2 cups volumewise, 8 oz. by weight. Check your package. I think this is were your confusion comes in. A cup of marshmallows wouldn't weigh NEARLY what a cup of molten steel would, but they would BOTH measure ONE CUP.