Ultimate Steak de Burgo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mash garlic with flat side of the knife blade, forming a smooth paste. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and remaining salt.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Whisk in garlic paste, cream and wine; heat through. Serve over steaks; sprinkle with herbs.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1/4 cup sauce: 440 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 6, 2019
The recipe made an awful lot of sauce to go over the steaks. I did put it on mashed potatoes too but it was almost overwhelming. If I were to make this again, I would definitely cut down on the quantity as it was too much. Surprisingly, the directions for cooking the steaks were easy, quick and absolutely perfect to follow if cooking steaks inside instead of on the grill. I did add sauteed mushrooms to the sauce.