Tex-Mex Dip Recipe
- 2 cans (9 ounces each) bean dip
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- Tortilla chips
- Spread bean dip on a 12-in. serving plate. In a small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper; spread over bean dip. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over the avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, olives, onions and tomato. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Dip
Sort By :
"I tried both recipes, the original and the recipe from MICHIGANGIRL. The nutritional recipe lacks taste. To me and my family it was very bland and we did not eat all of it. I will not make it again. But the original recipe from Mary Anne McWhirter is definitely worth keeping and I will be making it many times. Everybody loved it. I rated it five stars but would give it more if I could."
"Daughter made if for Grandsons 1st B-Day party.. Everyone loved it kids and all. My 7 year old grandson likes nothing and he couldn't get enough of the dip.. We all will be making this recipe on a regular basis. :)"
"YOU CAN COME OUT WITH A TOTALLY HEALTHIER NUTRITION TABLE IF YOU DO THIS CHANGE-OVER.1-15oz. CAN OF FAT-FREE REFRIED BEANS2 ROUGHLY MASHED AVACADOS WITH 2 TBS. OF LIME JUICE, 1 TBS. OF GALIC POWDER , NUSALT / PEPPER TO TASTE8oz. FAT-FREE SOUR CREAM1/2 CUP KRAFT OLIVE OIL MAYONNAISE2TBS.EACH: CHILLI POWDER, CUMION, FINELY GROUND RED PEPPER FLAKES8 oz. 2 % SHREDDED SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE4 FINELY DICED GREEN ONIONS1 DICED TOMATOTOSTITOS RESTAURANT- STYLE TORTILLA CHIPSSPREAD BEANS ON PLATE IN A CIRCLE.LAYER THIS WITH AVACADOS.IN BOWL MIX SOUR CREAM, MAYO.,CHILLI POWDER, RED PEPPER & CUMIN. LAYER THIS ATOP AVACADOS. SPRINKLE WITH CHEESE, THEN WITH TOMATOES, THEN WITH ONIONS. SERVE WITH CHIPS. WILL YIELD ABOUT 8 HEALTHIER SERVINGS."