South of the Border Dip
Sometimes I double the recipe and serve it as a meal with chopped tomato, sliced avocados and sliced black olives.—Sandy Robideau, Eureka, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, onion, green pepper, mustard and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Spread mixture into an ungreased pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as South of the Border Dip in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.