- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beans off-center on each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown burritos in oil on all sides. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tasty Burritos
Sort By :
"Really good and fast. Kids didn't even notice the beans."
"Very tasty. I agree with some of the other reviewers that smaller tortillas would be better, and they need to be browned over medium rather than medium-high heat."
"My husband LOVES these burritos. Plus, they're so easy to make. I typically make a double batch of the ground beef and refried beans and put the extra in the fridge . Then, it only takes a few minutes to put together and fry up a burrito or two as a snack later on in the week."
"This recipe was a HUGE hit in my household, that has extremely picky eaters. I took the suggestions of some other reviewers and popped them in the oven versus stove top because I wanted to cut back on the frying. Now my husband can't even go to the "Mexican" places around here because these were sooo good!!! Thank you!!!!"