Taco Meatball Ring Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible). Repeat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, jalapenos, remaining cheese, and sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Meatball Ring
Sort By :
"This was okay. It did take some time to make it look pretty and even."
"The tip of roll just covers one meatball on outer edge...not entire center. These are a bit tricky at first...but spectacular for parties."
"Sorry but this recipe makes no sense. I ended up with a mass of overlapping dough in the middle. And lettuce wilts and gets really gross when placed on warm bread dough in the middle. I don't want to wait until the meatballs and dough cools, because I want to serve them hot. I ended up serving them separately. It was tasty and fine for my family, but I would NEVER serve this at a party!"
"I made this taco meatball ring on Superbowl Sunday. We are vegetarians so I substituted Morning Star Meatless Meatballs for the meatball mixture. I brushed the dough with salsa con queso before baking; and added drained mandarin oranges to the lettuce mixture for the center. It was very tasty."