Taco Meatball Ring Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, water and taco seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towels. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Arrange crescent rolls on a greased 15-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Place a meatball on each roll; fold point over meatball and tuck under wide end of roll (meatball will be visible). Repeat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, jalapenos, remaining cheese, and sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Meatball Ring
Sort By :
Sorry but this recipe makes no sense. I ended up with a mass of overlapping dough in the middle. And lettuce wilts and gets really gross when placed on warm bread dough in the middle. I don't want to wait until the meatballs and dough cools, because I want to serve them hot. I ended up serving them separately. It was tasty and fine for my family, but I would NEVER serve this at a party!
I made this taco meatball ring on Superbowl Sunday. We are vegetarians so I substituted Morning Star Meatless Meatballs for the meatball mixture. I brushed the dough with salsa con queso before baking; and added drained mandarin oranges to the lettuce mixture for the center. It was very tasty.
Very good. I have made this twice for company/family and everyone really enjoyed it. No leftovers.
instead of crescents it be more Mexican flavor with bell peppers halves or corn bread muffins. mini taco shells ring would be ideal too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Crescent Roll Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >