- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into four wedges. Place one wedge on each steak. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
Sort By :
Taste great will make again and again!!!