I like to take T-bone steaks to a new level by topping individual servings with a dollop of savory butter seasoned with sun-dried tomato pesto.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into four wedges. Place one wedge on each steak. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p60
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Taste great will make again and again!!!"