I like to take T-bone steaks to a new level by topping individual servings with a dollop of savory butter seasoned with sun-dried tomato pesto.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 16 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese, basil, 2 tablespoons pesto, pepper and garlic salt. Shape into a 4-in. disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub remaining pesto over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Unwrap tomato butter; cut into four wedges. Place one wedge on each steak. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p60
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for T-Bones with Sun-Dried Tomato Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review