Sweet Onion 'n' Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil for 5 minutes. Add onion; cook 8-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes and basil; heat through. Add cream; bring to a boil. Drain spaghetti; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 305 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Onion 'n' Sausage Spaghetti
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.