This entree was served at a special dinner hosted by my Sunday school teacher. The ingredients are simple, but the chicken is tender and tasty. I serve it to company and am often asked for the recipe.—Christine McDonald, Riverdale, Utah
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Add peppers; return to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Sour Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Sour Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review