Sunday Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 bay leaf, finely crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place vegetables on bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Mix 2 tablespoons flour, bay leaf, thyme, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place roast on top of vegetables, fat side up. Add 1 cup water to pan.
- Roast 1 hour, basting once with pan juices if desired. Sprinkle brown sugar over roast. Roast 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 5-10° upon standing.)
- Remove roast to a platter. Tent with foil; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup; discard vegetables. Skim fat. Add enough water to the drippings to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small saucepan, whisk remaining flour and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Gradually whisk in drippings mixture and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve roast with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sunday Pork Roast(3)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. I have been preparing it for years now since I first found it in Taste of Home magazine. I save some of the vegetables and add them to the gravy. My family loves it......
Made as directed except for discarding the vegetables ( I served them along side of the roast) and it was delicious. Family suggesting doubling the rub next time as the flavor from that was excellent!
My whole family loves this recipe. Whenever I am going to get pork, they ask if I will make this. The love the flavor and the way it stays so moist. I use garlic instead of thyme and vary veggies, or sometimes don't use any, but this is great every time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >