- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in oregano and pepper. Place a ham slice in the pocket of each chop; fill each with mushroom mixture.
- In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops with Sherry Sauce in Reminisce October/November 2011, p58
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Pork Chops with Sherry Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >