Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes Recipe
- 24 small red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Scrub potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. (Cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary.)
- In a large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons each of cheese and bacon for garnish; add remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, egg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes(18)
Sort By :
I had six kids at the house for Easter egg hunting and made these for all of them. My daughter is a gluten-free vegetarian so I made half sans bacon and half with bacon. Everyone LOVED them. I think next time I might put a little bit of green onions on the top. All of the kids asked that I please please please make them again soon!
3/31/13-These were so tasty & everyone loved them! Will make again & again.
Carol, one thing to remember is that you can get 'Good CLA' or 'Good fat' in Bacon too.....grass fed with No antibiotics, no hormones etc!!! As with butter or any other GOOD FAT! Do your homework!!
These stuffed baby red potatoes make great side dishes
My husband and I enjoyed the taste of these. The recipe was very time consuming and since the kids weren't too fond of them I would not make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Irish Appetizers >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Appetizers >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Winning Appetizers >
- Winning Comfort Food Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >