Stuffed Potato Ghosts
These hearty and yummy treats are easier to make than a normal stuffed potato and are a perfect appetizer. The fingerlings are so small and tender that they’ll disappear in a flash! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 10 min.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Bake fingerling potatoes at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Meanwhile, pierce baking potato several times with a fork. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until tender. Cut in half and scoop out pulp; discard shell. Place pulp in a small bowl; mash. Stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cut each fingerling in half lengthwise. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mashed potato mixture over each potato half. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cut each cheese slice into six rectangles; place one on each stuffed potato. (Save remaining cheese for another use.) Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through. Position olives and green onions on each for eyes and mouths.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 48 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stuffed Potato Ghosts in Halloween Party Favorites 2008