- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Trifle
Sort By :
"i love this recipe i just have to make it and theres nothing to making it thats what i love about it"
"Everyone loved it!"
"Made this for my daughter's graduation party and it was a huge hit. The slight hint of orange and the soft angel food cake made it unique and delicious."
"This was my first trifle to make and it was a hit with everyone. I prepared it as a desert for a Christmas party last year and even friends that were dieting could not resist it. I mixed diced mango into the mixture and added blackberries in addition to the strawberries. I also used vanilla yogurt instead of sour cream as suggested by another reviewer. I would use plain yogurt in the future as the flavored one made the trifle too sweet. Overall, this was a fruit filled, yummy desert."
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! I coated the strawberries in sugar just because the ones I bought were a bit tart. Then I added a bit of sugar to the whipped cream mixture because my family likes their desserts on the sweet side. Great recipe, will be making again."