- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the sugar until melted and caramel in color, about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds until coated. Spread on foil to cool; break into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, onion and strawberries. Combine the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coated almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Sort By :
"healthy and so simple, easy to make."
"It was really good. My husband even liked it. I just bought poppy seed dressing."
"I really like this recipe. My husband is diabetic, so I don't use the sugar. We like the almonds sprinkled on the salad without the additional sweetness."
"Very good recipe and very easy to make. My husband didn't think he was going to like it but loved it. Great summer salad and perfect dressing to go with it."
"This was a delicious salad. Similar to a few other reviewers, I just used the almonds as is, and didn't add any additional sugar. I'm sure it would be delicious, but combined with the sweetness of the strawberries I thought it might be too much. Absolutely wonderful dressing. I didn't change a thing there."