"Mojitos are a fun summery drink and the inspiration behind this refreshing side salad. No rum was used in my recipe, but it certainly could be added to the vinaigrette.” —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- Divide salad greens among five salad plates; top with strawberries, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 27, 2013
"Excellent! Very fresh tasting. Love the dressing."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011
"I used scallions instead of the red onion. Delicious!"
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"Awesome recipe. Love the mix of flavors."