This fluffy creation is a variation on two recipes - a delicious four-layer dessert my mom used to make and a gelatin pie I came up with one day when I was short on ingredients. My family just loves it! -Rachel Lynn Rioux, Lisbon, Maine
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cartons (one 16 ounces, one 8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt and 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over whipped topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review