- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- Chocolate curls and additional strawberries, optional
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
"Trifles are such a fun and beautiful dessert. This one is so good and goes together quickly. I've also used angel food cake for the cake part of the recipe. It lightens it up for people who can't have all the sugar that is in the pound cake. And if I'm in a hurry or don't have whipping cream on hand, I've used Cool Whip for the cream part."
"I made this "for the kids" on Thanksgiving. It was loved by kids and grownups alike! Definitely a keeper. My only complaint is that the posted 20 minute prep time is inaccurate...it took me well over an hour to prepare. Well worth the time and effort, though!"
"Very impressive in appearance and easy to make. Very rich, you could use cool whip instead of the "real" whipped but I don't think it would be as cheesecakish. Delicious!"
"Wonderful!!!! Yum Yum!"
"I used sliced frozen strawberries mixed with strawberry pie filling. Then we cubed plain cheesecake and put it on each layer of cake. White chocolate pudding mixed with cool whip was the white layer. Glutinous, but very good."