- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- In a microwave, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Brush over crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Arrange strawberries over pie. In a microwave, heat jam until melted; brush over the top. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries & Cream Pie
Sort By :
"Well I changed up a few things I purred 2 cups of strawberries and blended them into the cool whip and I didn't have cream cheese or sour cream so I substituted vanilla yogurt. This pie was then topped with a few graham cracker crumbs ( I made my own graham cracker crust), sliced strawberries and drizzled chocolate on top. Put it into the freezer and this pie rocked!"
"What I like most about the thin layering of the chocolate frosting over the graham cracker crust is that it helps to keep the crust from getting soft or soggy. Love it!"
"MY family loves this pie and it is so easy to make. It is a favorite at family functions."
"This was delicious, everyone loved it. It can be done with different fruit and white chocolate can be used instead of the semi-sweet. I will definitely make it again."
"I have made this pie a few times now and always have people wanting the recipe. It's so easy and good. Love it!!!"