- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown loaves on all sides; drain. Combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce and water until smooth. Pour over meat loaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Stovetop Meat Loaves
Sort By :
"Perfect for the two of us."
"This is an excellent and easy recipe, When the meat loaves were done, I put a slice of provolone cheese and dried parsley on top and left covered in the pan until cheese melted. I made these with the parmesan peas and rice (for 2). Thanks for a great recipe!"
"My boyfriend and I have found a new meatloaf! My mom's is always the best of course, but this one is QUICK and amazing! Very tasty! I did add some Montreal Steak Seasoning to the mix."