"When I fix steak, I always grill one extra so I have leftovers to make these delicious filled tortillas," informs Kris Wells of Hereford, Arizona. The steak strips are seasoned with salsa, chili powder and cumin, then tucked inside soft flour tortillas with tasty toppings.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye or sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheese, chopped lettuce and tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and onion for 1 minute. Stir in the salsa, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Place beef mixture on tortillas; top as desired with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and additional salsa. Fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak Tortillas in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Tortillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review