Steak Tortillas Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye or sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheese, chopped lettuce and tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute steak and onion for 1 minute. Stir in the salsa, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Place beef mixture on tortillas; top as desired with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and additional salsa. Fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Tortillas
Sort By :
"This was so authentic tasting. I didn't have cumin so I used 1 tsp of Mexican chili powder gave it lost of flavor. Also, I used 1/2 cup fresh deli salsa which gave it some kick. the left over NY strip steak had been seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning. So good, this will now be my go to recipe for leftover steak."
"These were good, but I think they needed more kick I don't like spicy but it needed a little more flavor"
"I used this recipe and used it over tortilla chips to make nachos instead. I also added a can of black beans to the mix. We enjoyed it very much!"
"This was very good. I also make extra when I cook steak for tacos and such. I made the recipe as is, it was good. But, for our taste I added 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes for some heat. I will make this again!"
"Absolutely fabulous recipe! We always have leftover steak so this works great for me. My kids love these as well. A definite plus as they are very picky with "Mexican" food. Thanks for sharing."