- 2 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture near the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Burritos
Sort By :
"Can't say it's a favorite, but everyone enjoyed it. Might try it with spanish rice on them next time. =)"
"It was ok...just wasn't the recipe for me and my family."
"These were so easy and delicious! I used venison instead of flank steak. After it was done cooking in the crock I shredded it and added some taco flavored rice (I pre-cooked it by Lipton) then graded some pepper-jack cheese in them before rolling them up. My husband takes them to work and warms them up for lunch. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"To finish up the leftover meat, I like to spread refried beans on a tortilla, top with the meat mixture, a little mexicorn and some cheese. Then, top all of that with another tortilla and lightly brown in olive oil on both sides for quesadillas. It's another delicious way to enjoy these!"
"easy and yummy!"