In Portland, Maine, Valerie Jones spices up flank steak with convenient taco seasoning packets. Slowly simmered all day, the beef is tender and a snap to shred. Just fill flour tortillas and add toppings for a tasty, time-easing meal.
- 2 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture near the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Steak Burritos in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Steak Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review