Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
Quick and easy to make. Used mozzarella cheese because that's what I had on hand. Also added a little minced garlic and salt and pepper to spinach and mushroom mixture. Tasted great and will make again.
This was delicious! We used a Weber's chicken seasoning and omitted the pecans but it was great! The chicken stayed juicy and it was a quick meal to prepare.
Very good and easy to make. I think I might add more seasoning next time.
Easy to make and worthy of leftover, which is saying a lot because we don't like leftovers very often.
totally awesome easy and a must make