- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
"Easy & quite tasty! I saut?ed the chicken & finished it under the broiler. I also skipped the pecans & added minced garlic to the spinach & mushroom mixture."
"We love this delicious, yet so easy to make chicken recipe! I have grilled, broiled and browned the chicken in a skillet and it is good done all three ways. This is also a wonderful dish to make for company, which I have done."
"delicious! I did not use the green onion, only because I didn't have any on hand... but it was amazing! I used Montreal Chicken seasoning, mozzarella, and pan saut?ed the chicken. I will be making again!"
"Excellent and easy. I've used almonds instead of pecans also which is wonderful too. I also use a full 8oz of fresh mushrooms and at least 3 cups of spinach and this is for two chicken breasts. I too have added garlic also. All ways have been wonderful!"
"Excellent! I've made it twice. I used Montreal Cicken seasoning on the chicken. Definitely a keeper!"