- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top chicken breasts with spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
"I loved the concept and it was, in fact, easy to make. However, I did think it was lacking a "wow" factor. I made as written, and probably should have zazzed it up with extra spices. Overall though, it's a solid and simple recipe that I would make again."
"I can't realistically rate this since I have not made it yet. BUT, in order to get the full ingredients list (including the first two ingredients, the spinach and the mushrooms) I had to click on the PRINT version. The version that first came up began with 3 green onions, sliced....with no mention of spinach or mushrooms. Those first two lines might have been covered up by the picture, but it was confusing. I almost gave up until I clicked on PRINT, and there the two missing ingredients were!"
"Definitely going to try this. Looks great. Do have to ask...what the heck is rotisserie chicken seasoning??"
"We love this recipe, the only thing we do differently is use grilled chicken strips, makes a very quick meal!"
"Delicious dish- simple yet elegant. I stuck to the recipe without changes. I created my own rotisserie chicken seasoning using Italian seasoning, paprika, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and Ms. Dash seasoning. I can't wait to go to sleep, wake up tomorrow and eat the leftovers!"