Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
"This was excellent and so delicious! I left out the pecans and fixed it using the broiler. Fast, easy, and extra good!"
"made it with walnuts instead of pecans and it was delish!!"
"Quick and easy to make. Used mozzarella cheese because that's what I had on hand. Also added a little minced garlic and salt and pepper to spinach and mushroom mixture. Tasted great and will make again."
"This was delicious! We used a Weber's chicken seasoning and omitted the pecans but it was great! The chicken stayed juicy and it was a quick meal to prepare."
"Very good and easy to make. I think I might add more seasoning next time."