- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Sort By :
"This was A M A Z I N G!! My family loved it. I added extra spinach and mushrooms, added onion and garlic powder and eliminated the pecans (allergies). Will make this over and over."
"Really good, quick evening meal. I used chicken cutlets to cook more quickly. Changes I made: Used baby kale instead of spinach and added garlic when cooking, added sundried tomatoes."
"We loved this! Definitely need seasoning on the veggies. Can't wait to make again."
"Great recipe! Tried it for the first time tonight. Would agree that adding a few seasonings to the saute' would help ."
"This recipe proved to be a winner! It was even better than a similarly offered dinner at a favorite restaurant."